What is the ITK Alumni network?
Which targets does it pursue?
Which projects do we organise?
After the course, you will never pursue a goal or professional project without being aware of the fact that you now belong to a large and ever-increasing network of coaches from all around the world.Irene Armand Pilón, Uruguay ITK 2013/2 – Volleyball
THE INTERNATIONAL ITK ALUMNI NETWORK
The international ITK Alumni network consists of more than 5500 coaches from 150 countries of all continents, who have graduated from ITK since its existence. Their fields of work are very multi-faceted: they are active in mass and professional sports, in sports federations and clubs, schools, universities and ministries; in their functions they are capable of contributing to the positive development of sports and societal structures in the respective countries.
Using the concept of the ITK Alumni network, we pursue three major targets:
- We intend to connect our alumni worldwide and thereby to offer them the opportunity to have a continuous exchange on their work in their home countries.
- Under the headline “Experts in Global Sports” we, together with our alumni, establish and expand an international network and thereby contribute to the development of sports worldwide.
- Within the meaning of “Lifelong Learning” we intend to use our intensive alumni work to promote our graduates professionally and personally beyond the accomplished course and ensure a sustainable effect of our International Coaching Courses.
We organise our projects in cooperation with our alumni in their countries of origin. Educational institutions, sports ministries and associations support us in these endeavours.
By running our projects, we intend to:
- bring people together who connect scientific findings from universities to practical work in clubs. We thereby continue the central approach of ITK: to connect theory to practice.
- promote scientific exchange.
- expand the theoretical knowledge of our participants so that they can put these into practice.
- offer the opportunity to our alumni to get connected across different years and country borders and thereby to expand the international ITK Alumni network.
- contribute to the empowerment of women in sports.
- establish worldwide partnerships for the development of Sports Science under the headline of “Experts in Global Sports”.
- enable and encourage our alumni to have a positive impact on sports and societal structures in their countries.
The so-called ITK Pathfinder projects are brief advanced training courses for young people in sports, who are to be familiarized with ITK. These advanced trainings are initiated and organised by ITK alumni in their countries and supported by experts from Leipzig University. The ITK Pathfinder projects were brought into being in order to:
- enable coaches all over the world to get to know lecturing methods and approaches of the Sports Science Faculty.
- to support our alumni in their exchange and networking with different sports associations.
- motivate our alumni to develop and expand a regional cooperation among different stakeholders in sports and the responsible local authorities as well as sports associations.
The ITK Ambassador programme was brought into being in 2014. Today it unites ITK Ambassadors from 60 countries. They act as multipliers of ITK and promote the expansion of the ITK Alumni network.
Detailed information about the programme and introduction of the ambassadors
The ITK Alumnicamp in Ivory Coast 2019 was a great opportunity to strengthen the capacities of our coaches in terms of developing training methods. We are grateful that this project has benefited several coaches from several countries.N‘Dri Sosthène Kouadio, Ivory Coast ITK 2013/2 – Conditioning Coach
- 2013 – ITK Alumni camp Costa Rica
- 2013 – ITK Alumni camp Brazil
- 2014 – ITK Alumni camp Egypt
- 2014 – 50 years of ITK – The ITK anniversary in 2014 (ITK Ambassadors’ training)
- 2015 – ITK Pathfinder Costa Rica
- 2015 – ITK Alumni camp Armenia
- 2015 – ITK Alumni camp Uganda
- 2015 – ITK Ambassador meeting Morocco
- 2015 – ITK Pathfinder Morocco
- 2016 – SIEFLAS in Leipzig
- 2016 – ITK Alumni meeting Brazil
- 2016 – ITK Pathfinder India
- 2017 – ITK Pathfinder Kazakhstan
- 2017 – ITK Pathfinder Morocco (Tétouan and Rabat)
- 2017 – ITK Ambassador meeting in Leipzig
- 2017 – ITK Pathfinder Cuba
- 2017 – Alumni meeting; 10th anniversary of ITK Handball 2007
- 2018 – ITK Alumni camp Cuba
- 2018 – ITK Ambassador meeting in Buenos Aires & Alumni meeting during the Youth Olympic Games
- 2018 – IWG - ITK Alumni meeting on the occasion of the World Conference on Women and Sport in Botswana
- 2018 – International Workshop & Alumni meeting Indonesia (Asian Games 2018)
- 2018 – ITK Pathfinder Costa Rica 2018
- 2018 – Alumni meeting - 25th anniversary of ITK Swimming 1993
- 2019 – ITK Pathfinder Benin
- 2019 – ITK Pathfinder Mexico
- 2019 – ITK Pathfinder Tanzania
- 2019 – ITK Alumni camp Côte d’ Ivoire
- 2019 – ITK Ambassador and Alumni meeting
- 2020 – Virtual ITK Ambassador meeting
- 2021 – Virtual ITK Ambassador meeting
- 2021 – ITK Union Speaker meeting
- 2021 – ITK Changemaker
- 2022 – ITK Alumni camp Benin 2022
- 2022 – ITK Virtual Round Table 2022
- 2022 – Premiere: ITK PODCAST | SheExperts - Breaking Barriers through Sports
- 2022 – Virtual ITK Ambassador meeting