What is the procedure of an ITK study course?
Do I need to master the German language?
How is my participation in the course financed?
WHAT KIND OF STUDY COURSE IS THIS? – DO I NEED TO MASTER THE GERMAN LANGUAGE?
- The International Coaching Course is an in-class study course with mandatory attendance. Our students have to attend all lectures and excursions – i.e., you need to arrange all your personal and professional matters precisely prior to your departure, so that you can complete your in-class study course in Leipzig without any interruptions.
- In order to participate in our courses, you don’t need to master the German language. At ITK, experienced lecturers of the Sports Science Faculty and external lecturers teach in German. Our professionally qualified interpreters will translate the said information into the respective course language, so that you will be able to follow the session. Teaching materials will be translated into the course language.
HOW ABOUT THE FINANCING OF MY STUDY COURSE?
- If you participate in our course, you will receive a monthly scholarship financed by the Foreign Office of the Federal Republic of Germany. The scholarship amount is determined by the current minimum amount for securing your subsistence according to §2 section 3 of the Residence Act and is sufficient to cover the costs of your daily needs.
- The scholarship also includes costs for rent, health and accident insurance, tuition fees and ticket for public transport.
Which costs do i have to cover myself?
- You need to bear costs for your arrival and departure. This also includes costs for luggage transport.
- The health and accident insurance we take out for you is only valid for the official duration of the course. For the days between your arrival/departure and the official beginning/end of the course you will need to arrange for health and accidence insurance. You will have to bear the costs for this.
- Costs for medical examinations in your home country have to be paid by yourself.
- You are in charge of your personal equipment for the sports-practical sessions.
WHERE DO I STAY DURING THE COURSE?
- If you participate in our course, we will arrange accommodation for you in a student hostel of Studentenwerk Leipzig (student services Leipzig).
- In case you’d like to stay somewhere else, you need to arrange this independently of us and need to bear the costs. We cannot arrange accommodation for relatives.
WILL I HAVE AN INSURANCE DURING THE COURSE?
- If you participate in our course, we will take out health and accident insurance on your behalf for the duration of the course. It will only be valid within Germany and will cover medical treatment of acute diseases and injuries.
- For the days prior to the beginning/respectively after the end of the official course duration you will need to arrange your own insurance.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN AFTER THE COMPLETION OF THE COURSE?
- After completing the International Coaching Course, you will have to return to your home country.
- Your stay in Germany cannot be extended.
- The scholarship expires, so does your residence permit.
- You will then no longer be covered by health and accident insurance and will have to leave the student hostel.