The ITK Ambassadors Programme unites ITK Ambassadors from 60 countries. Being multipliers, the ambassadors are available to coaches and P.E. teachers interested in having an exchange of knowledge and experience on the International Coaching Course. This webpage will outline the programme and introduce the ITK Ambassadors of the different unions.
The ITK Ambassador programme was brought into being in 2014. Today it unites ITK Ambassadors from 60 countries. They act as multipliers of ITK and promote the expansion of the ITK Alumni network.
The ITK Ambassadors:
- organise and administrate a regional structure, which includes all alumni of the respective country or the respective region – e.g. in the form of alumni associations.
- establish contacts with significant institutions in sports and politics in their home country.
- inform about ITK.
- conduct advanced trainings in their countries.
- organise ITK Pathfinder projects in cooperation with the Sports Science Faculty.
- assist with international publications.
- support employees of Leipzig University by providing background information about their country.
- serve Leipzig University as contacts for organising visits in their country.
- help to get in touch with regional associations and clubs.
ITK Ambassadors have already established alumni associations in the following countries: Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Ecuador, Haiti, India, Kosovo, Mauritania, Macedonia, Morocco, Mexico, Niger, Paraguay, Senegal, Togo, Tunisia (effective 2022).
ITK Ambassadors by Union
Even before the ITK Ambassadors Programme was officially launched in 2014, ITK graduates got engaged in informing potentially eligible applicants about the opportunity to accomplish a postgraduate study course in Leipzig and to introduce them to the studying in Leipzig after admission was granted. Graduates, who distinguish themselves through exceptional and long-term commitment are awarded the honorary title: ITK Senior Ambassador.